- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar of Spinelli’s Classic Marinara
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves chopped
- 1 medium red pepper cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 large or 2 small summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- ¼ tsp of Black pepper 1 teaspoon salt
- Fresh basil cut into ribbons
Coat a large wide pan with olive oil on medium to low heat. Add the jar of Spinelli’s Classic Marinara and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the thyme. Cook for about 5 minutes on medium to low heat.
Add the peppers and cook for 5 minutes. Add the summer squash and zucchini. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the squash is soft, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Serve warm or at room temperature with fresh basil on top. Great as an appetizer with toasted baguette or as a side accompaniment to your favorite dish.